Follow @Foodlovegrub

Wednesday 1 January 2014

Dark Chocolate! New Year, New You!

Happy New Year! Most of you are probably waking up from a hangover, or better still finding yourself face first in cake...



I hope you enjoyed last night. Whether it was, dancing hand in hand with a random drunk, or having your mouth wide open in the air! Attempting to eat the edible confetti in Trafalgar Square, London (if that crazy person was you, let me know how it was).





I spent the evening with my family, there was (as always) loads of snacks! I gorged on the two beauties in the picture.

Dark chocolate is usually for acquired taste buds. I had a good time devouring both, 74% (Dark Chocolate) Ecuadorian, and 70% (Dark Chocolate) Peruvian.

Peruvian was slightly fruity, apparently it had red berry notes. The red berry taste did not come through strong enough, I did however have a good time going through it.

Ecuadorian was my favourite, although it was meant to be of a floral and spicy taste, I did not taste anything floral! The other ingredient that was meant to come through was "subtle notes of green tea"! OK, now what I want to know is, how on earth can subtle taste's ever come through in dark chocolate? Its impossible! I simply tasted a slight hint of spice, a great duo.

Apparently dark chocolate is great for a hangover. When you get a chance, grab a bar of Ecuadorian, from Tesco's finest range! 


FOODLOVEGRUB



No comments:

Post a Comment